Mar 10, 2011

Who could ever imagine that God would send a girl like me to a place like this?

Who could have ever imagined that God would send a girl like me to a place like this? I know that beyond my wants for my own life God has a bigger picture that I am a part of so I follow his lead and know my future is secure. Typically I consider myself to be reserved about trusting people. But my evaluation in that area is dead wrong. I will give you as a person my whole hearted trust all too willingly. I guess you should even call me naïve and sheltered. Two months ago I didn’t even know how to read a drug test and today I know almost every drug out there and five different ways to take it. I sat listening to two people discuss the terrible things they had done in their past and realized I would have never pictured myself in this kind of place having these kinds of discussions with people. The people I live with are criminals, strippers, thieves, manipulators, prostitutes, and drug addicts. They have been in and out of jail, left paths of destruction throughout their lives, never been disciplined, and been through things and in places only comparable to hell itself. I have never met people more hardened and destroyed by life. I have been threatened, yelled at, hit on, cussed out, swung at, and just plain disrespected. And frankly most of the time I have nothing good to say. I regularly pray to start my day and throughout it when I feel I need it or have a moment to spare. However more now than ever before I find myself in the spur of the moment pleading with the Holy Spirit to give me the answer (or words to say) because I am in the midst of an intense situation without the slightest idea of what to do! He, of course, has never failed me. Maybe it should be the places I would never imagine being that I go. Because if I fit in, would I stand out and show Jesus Christ? If I was with people who knew everything I know would I be able to make a difference in their lives? If I was comfortable and had all the answers would God be able to do anything in me? Aren’t these the people Jesus CHOSE to spend time with and minister to? I have had a dose of reality and that is that this is a broken world full of broken people who want a healer. I get to live with the most broken people you can imagine every day and every day I get to offer them hope and restoration in my Savior Jesus Christ. Majority of the time I see Him do a work in them and their lives are never the same. In the bigger picture I amount to very little; but I thank God for using this someone, who amounts to little, to do His work.

No comments:

Post a Comment